The Chantry Chapel is the oldest building in Buckingham. The oldest feature is the beautifully carved Norman doorway dating from 1260, the rest was built about 200 years later.
The building was used as St John’s Hospital for the poor and infirm in the late 12th century. In the Victorian period the chapel was restored by Giles Gilbert Scott and used as the Royal Latin school before it moved to its current location. The building is now owned by The National Trust, and is a second hand book and coffee shop.