Where does this name come from?
As recently as 1938 the Flosh is simply marked as a weir on maps, it serves as a dam to keep the water level at nearby Tanlaw Mill high enough for the mill wheel to function. The curious circular pattern in the water is made up of old mill stones. The island car park next to it was originally part of Chandos Park too.
We don’t know why it’s called the Flosh as the name usually refers to stagnant water!
Credit for the image of the Little Egret: GDW.45, CC BY-SA 3.0, via Wikimedia Commons